||December 15, 2016
|The San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles is reaching out to Fiber artists in the San Francisco Bay Area community offering an exciting opportunity. We are inviting artists to apply for our Art Residency Program for 2018. The Maker Space will serve as a semi-private artist in residence workspace, classroom and incubator for creativity and dialogue. Selected artists will be expected to host three open studio days per week during museum hours and participate in First Fridays. Artists will also be required to include participatory activities during their residency. We are currently looking to fill four spots for 2018.
Duration of Residency: 3 months (Housing is not provided.)
Who may apply:
• Emerging and established artists that incorporate textiles in their work
• Artists with a BFA, MFA or who show extensive experience in their field of expertise
• Artists who are comfortable working with the public
• Artists who are self-guided
• Artists who incorporate performance, community engagement or social practice are encouraged to apply.
• January through March 2018
• April through June 2018
• July through September 2018
• October through December 2018
3-month residency includes:
• Semi-private workspace
• Exhibition space
• 24-hour access to the facilities
• Access to the museum’s library for research
• Access to materials and supplies in the Maker Space such as yarn, fabric etc.
If you would like to learn more and apply to the program please email a brief bio and a website address to Gwendolyn@sjquiltmuseum.org. If you are a qualifying applicant we will send you an application via email.