From Message
Abrams Claghorn Gallery

August 17, 2019    

Two dates available:
September 21st, 1:00pm -3:30pm
and
October 26th, 1:00 - 3:30pm
$75 per person

https://abramsclaghornshop.com/collections/workshops/products/dimensional-collage-with-elizabeth-addison

1251 Solano Ave, Albany, CA 94706

Workshop Description:

I am excited to bring my dimensional and sculptural collage techniques to Abrams Claghorn Gallery. In this workshop, you will learn about collage techniques, adhesives, materials and tools that can take your collage work to the sculptural level. I encourage participants to bring incomplete, failed or older works (on paper) to be reborn. As part of my own “Daily Practice – A Visual Journal” series, I create a unique and meditative artwork each day. These works respond to real-time happenings, political/social issues, my inner life and observations. Many of these are dimensional collages built from failed, older or incomplete works, giving them a new life.

Elizabeth's Artist Statement:

Visual and functional connections between the microscopic and cosmic realms conjure the mysterious and sometimes a sense of the divine. I explore these connections within the consistency of nature’s forms, at the intersection of dreams and science, and within the comparison of belief versus data-driven conclusions. Printmaking, installation, and digital media are my primary media. As an amateur scientist, printmaking allows me to be both artist and experimenter most successfully. My prints are composed of many layers that bury and reveal imagery. My methods include “Paper Litho” and sculptural prints, both of which I adapted into signature techniques.

My current series, “Daily Practice – A Visual Journal”, sprung from “12 January Mandalas”, a yearly socially engaged project led by friend and colleague, Judy Shintani. Since January 1, 2018, I have created a unique, meditative artwork daily, even on extended travels. Within these works, I respond to real-time happenings, political/social/environmental issues, my inner life and observations. Many are original prints or paintings. Just as many are created from failed, older or incomplete works, giving them a new and layered life.

Elizabeth's Experience:

Elizabeth Addison is a Berkeley, California-based visual artist, curator, and educator whose works are included in numerous private and public collections. Her primary media include printmaking, installation, and digital media. A 18-year artist participant in SOMArts’ annual Día De Los Muertos, Ms. Addison’s work has been featured at SOMArts, The California Endowment, The Brower Center, Marin Foundation, Abrams Claghorn Gallery, Arc Gallery SF, Bankhead Center for Performing Arts, Claudia Chapline Gallery, The Institute of Noetic Sciences, O’Hanlon Center, Berkeley Civic Center, Kala Art Institute, The University of Wisconsin, Giles Gallery - Eastern Kentucky University, John F. Kennedy University Gallery, Barbara Anderson Gallery, Gearbox Gallery, Pacific Pinball Museum, Addison Street Windows, Artworks Downtown and Oakopolis.

Elizabeth instructs regional workshops and classes featuring her unique printmaking and mixed-media methods. She is an Artist-in-Residence at Kala Art Institute, NCWCA (Northern California Women’s Caucus for Art) Exhibitions Chair, and the former NCWCA Professional Development Chair. She is also a member of the Bay Area Women’s Artists Legacy Project (BAWALP) and Women Eco Artist Dialog (WEAD.)

ART HOSTING   SELL ART   ART EVENTS   ART SERVICES   FAQ   ESSAYS & POETRY   ART SEARCH   ART BOOKS   CONTACT US 
 ART PORTFOLIOS   ARTIST STUDIOS   ARTIST GALLERIES    OPEN STUDIOS    LOBBY 

© MesArt. All rights reserved.
Design by
Taitl Design