Dennis Briones Ansell
I grew up in San Francisco and the bay area. Having a great appreciation for the eclectic art of the city.
I have been involved in its many forms of expression since childhood. My most
natural inclination being collage. The art work is not easy to understand.
It needs to be read and studied as text and be deciphered by the layman
and critic alike.
We can only talk about our world, no one can explain it. The work is social, political, thought provoking, sole searching, and at times dark. It is my way of talking about
and interacting with the world in which we live.
Created in a DADA influenced, quasi-surrealistic-symbolic style, my work is an
attempt to chronicle some events and issues of our time.
I am a full time artist and adjunct instructor at Bellingham Technical College,
- College of San Mateo, San Mateo, CA.
- Sky Line College, San Bruno, CA.
- North Community Collage, Seattle, WA.
- Whatcom Community College, Bellingham WA.
- Bellingham Technical College, Bellingham WA.
- Western Washington University, Bellingham WA.
- Extensive travel and study in the U. S., Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- As an artist, "I consider my self largely self-taught."
- Blue Horse Gallery Bellingham, WA , 2001
- Museo De Arte, Mazatlan, Mexico, 2002
- Central Cultural D IF O C U R Museum, Culican, Mexico, 2003
- Arte Americas, Fresno CA. 2005
Museo De Arte, Mazatlan, Mexico Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, CA