Artist Gallery: Step-By-Step Instructions
Before you begin
In order to open an account, you need to have a computer image of one artwork, and a personal photograph of yourself.
It is a good idea to create your texts such as your short bio (up to 50 words), your biographical statement and artwork description(s) in the form of text files in your computer. This will save you time when you fill out our online forms.
After you have opened an account, you will be able to change or replace the images and texts in your account at any time.
The images must be in GIF or JPEG format, with widths between 1000 and 2000 pixels, and sizes up to 3 MB.
Artist Gallery Sign Up Step-By-Step Instructions
- Go to www.mesart.com/sellart.jsp.
- Choose the 'Artist Gallery,' and click 'More Info.'
- Click 'Sign Up for Artist Gallery.'
- Fill out the online form and choose a payment method (Check/Money Order or Credit Card) and click 'Save.'
- Read the user agreement and click 'I Agree' button.
- Enter the username and password that you have selected, and click 'Submit'.
At this point the system has created your account. You may continue with your setup now by continuing to the next step, or return to complete your account at anytime. You can always use the 'Member Login' link on the front page to access your account. As soon as you have completed the setup and notified us, our MesArt staff will activate your account for the public.
- You have arrived at your new Artist Gallery account page. Click 'Complete Setup' button.
- Fill out the 'My Profile' online form:
- Choose your category as either 'Fine Art', 'Craft' or 'Commercial Art' and then further specify your particular genre.
- Click the 'Browse' button to upload your personal photo.
- Enter 'Short Biography.' This text will be presented in your Lobby and Artist Listing entry. You will be able to change the text anytime.
- Enter the more extensive and complete biographical text for your Biography page. You will be able to change the text anytime.
- If you have a website, enter its web address (optional).
- Click 'Save.'
- 'My Artworks' page will appear. Click 'Add Artwork.'
- Fill out the online form 'Artist Gallery - Inserting Item 1':
- Click the 'Browse' button to upload the image of your artwork.
- Enter information such as name, height/width, price and other.
- Click 'Continue.'
- If there was an error while you were filling out the form, it will be displayed in the top area of the form. Otherwise, you will see the uploaded image of your artwork. In this case, simply click 'Enable.'
- Your first image has been uploaded and you are presented with 'Artist Gallery - Inserting Item 2'. You can proceed with uploading another image, or click 'Return to My Artworks' in the bottom of the form.
- After clicking 'Return to My Artworks,' you are presented with the 'My Artworks' page. Click 'Preview Account' to see your tentative (no design) account, or click 'Return to My Account' to finish.
- On the next two pages, choose your portfolio's name, date and location, and click 'Save.'
- Click 'Notify' link in the top-right area of the page.
- Your tentative (no design) Artist Gallery account page will appear. You can adjust any information or simply click 'Log Off.'
- Let us know that you have done setting up your account, and it is ready for developing its graphic design.
You have now successfully created your MesArt Artist Gallery account. Congratulations!
Whenever you need to make adjustments, simply click on the 'Member Login' link in the top area of the MesArt homepage.